Monday, October 25, 2010

A sad, sad story of a once beautiful ornament

On Saturday night I was busy at work making baby shower favors (see previous post for details).  Once done with the favors, I decided to make a "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament as a gift to the baby.  I was so proud of my creation, I wanted to take a picture of it to post. (Somewhere in the Bible it says, "pride comes before the fall.")  Well, I carefully tied a piece of ribbon so I can hang it to take my picture.  You guessed it.....I dropped it and glitter was everywhere and so my beautiful ornament was now a damaged ornament. Not worthy to be called a gift any longer. What a horrible feeling!  Such joy, such pride, such elation over my creation to be destroyed in an instant! boo-hoo-hoo! It was late (for me) and I didn't have the energy to try and make another one. 
Here is a picture of the damaged ornament.




I will try to salvage the vinyl and use it on another.  YES! There will be another, and another.  I will not be brought down by one broken ornament.  (I will be experimenting with plastic ornaments next.)

No comments:

Post a Comment