Wednesday, March 9, 2011

CCCC #8-Stretch Your Imagination Challenge at More Than Favors

Hello everyone! I haven't taken part in too many challenges but when I came across this challenge I thought, "I have this cartridge. I should try this."  A card design started to come together in my head so I went for it.  I decided to make a wedding card.  My husband asked me, "who is the card for?" I said, "it's for a challenge."  I'm sure you all can relate, right?  It turns out that I do have someone I can send the card to so it serves a double purpose. 

The card base is cut at 5 1/4".  The challenge was cutting the layers for the bride and groom's attire. I used my Gypsy to scale down the layers to the card base cutout.
Embossing was a challenge because the vellum was bigger then the embossing folder. 
I love the effect of the embossing one the vellum. It looks like ink.
This is what it looks like under the vellum.
I love the glitter on the bride's dress and the groom's shirt!

Card Recipe:
White cardstock for base from my stash
DCWV Glitter Mat Stack
DCWV 8x8 Scrapbook Kit Love and Wedding pattern paper
Vellum paper
Cuttlebug Embossing folder - Swirls (?)
Black cardstock from stash
Sakura White Gel Pen
ATG Gun
Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge
Ribbon from Joanns
Creative Memories Black Chalk Ink Pad
Creative Memories Frosted Photo Splits to adhere the vellum


What do you think? I'm pleased! Thanks for stopping by!


TTFN, Scrappymama Elaine

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgous! I have never tried embossing in multiple steps. I saw a video on it on YouTube, but haven't used the technique. I love how yours turned out. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind words.

    Christy
    http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a great job here. Don't you just wish that embossing folders were a little bigger?Would make life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding card turned out really amazing. I love all of the details. I love your husband's comment too, sounds like something mine would say! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete