Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas gifts-glass blocks and glitter ornaments

Boy! I have been a busy crafter today finishing up Christmas gifts for my nephews and great niece.  I made them each a gloss block night light. I am pretty darn proud of how they turned out.

front side

back side

I used Armor Etch etching cream to etch the blocks. The cartridges I used were: Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons and Paper Pups.  I also used Cricut vinyl and the i-rock for the bling on the crown.  I don't remember the cartridge name for the crown.  I'm being lazy right now and not wanting to look it up. :)

front side

back side
These are for my nephew who are DC Comic fans.  These are not completely finished, I need put in the lights and decide how I will cover the sides since bows wouldn't be appropriate. I don't think Batman would wear a bow. Working with vinyl is pretty fun but these intricate cuts are like putting together a puzzle.  My boys are worth it!








I also made glitter ornaments for my twins' teachers.  I have a few more of these to make in the next day or so but so glad these are done since school is out on Friday. They each have the teacher's last name initial, year and a snowflake.  Oh, and a little bling too.





Hope I've inspired someone to start crafting. Leave me a little love if you like what you see by leaving a comment.  It makes me smile. 
TTFN, Scrappymama Elaine

1 comment:

  1. The BLING adds a great touch! I can't get my vinyl to lay flat. :(

    ReplyDelete