Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Goodies for our new "babies"!

Ok....long story, short.  We reconnected with our oldest son (It's been 7 years.)  As a result of this blessing, we gained an additional 4 family members: his wife, his two sons and one more on the way!!!!  It is exhilarating to be more then a grandma by title only!!!

Of course, I had to put together some goodies for the "babies".  We haven't met them yet but we will soon!!! They live in Hawaii and we get to go visit them!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Hawaii here we come!!!

Here are the baskets I made for the boys.
one of the sides to the basket. I messed up and deleted one of the side pictures, oh well
another side to Ethan's basket. He is one.
I was informed that the baby loves his Weebles.
I came across these at Walmart and you know what? Of course! I had to buy them!

 
Collin is 7 and his daddy is in the military.   He loves all things military therefore the military theme.
  
 
filled and finished-too cute!!!
love those Peachy Keen stamps-they just makes me smile :)
I used my Cricut Expression, vinyl and the following cartridges: Stand and Salute, Paper Pups, Stretch Your Imagination, Straight From The Nest and I think it was Making the Grade for the names.  I purchased the baskets at Target along with some of the goodies inside the baskets.  The basket bags are from the Dollar Tree.  The ribbon is from Michaels. The tags were made using Doodlecharms, Peachy Keen Everyday Faces and some Stampin' Up! Ink and Chalk. I almost forgot, I used a Creative Memories punch for the stars and starburst cuts.

Oh how fun it was designing the cuts on the my Gypsy but the most satisfying was envisioning the smiles on their sweet faces.  I posted on Facebook that I was making goodies for the "babies" and my nineteen year old asked if she still qualified?  Lol! I told her she is always one of my babies! 
 Gotta love it!

Let me know what you think of my story and my creations.  Love to know that others are stopping by and this is not just being posted to the "air"  :)

TTFN, Scrappymama (now grandma) Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment