Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Broken Heart Card-Smiley Cart.

My pastor and his wife recently lost a baby.  Our heart were broken for them.  Here is the card I made expressing our brokenness for them.  On the inside I will write "...that your heart has been broken."


I used cardstock I have had on hand for a lonnnnng time! The sentiment is from $1 stamp I picked up at Michaels specifically for this card.  It was perfect! I stamped it and cut around the design. The ribbon is from Michaels $1 ribbon bin.  I used the Cuttlebug hearts embossing folder.The broken heart cut is from the Smiley Cartridge available on the Gypsy.

This card was super simple to make.  At first I thought it was too plain but I am happy with it.  It communicates our heart without alot of glitz.  Sometimes simple is better.

What would you have added to the card? Let me know.  Thanks for stopping by.

TTFN, Scrappymama Elaine

3 comments:

  1. I would add a scripture verse, either stamped or printed from the computer. That way they have your caring thoughts as well as God's promises of encouragement and love!

    ReplyDelete