Wednesday, January 12, 2011

12 Month Scrapbook Challenge Layout

Christina from Creations with Christina issued a challenge earlier this month to complete and post a layout every month.  Here is the link to her post.  Creations with Christina: Scrapbook Challenge I SOOO needed to get back on track with my scrapbooking. 

Since discovering the world of blogging, I have been distracted by all the wonderful inspiration afforded to my through the wonderful world of blogging.  BUT, I have been so engrossed in reading posts and entering contests that I have neglected the one thing I love to do with my free time: SCRAPBOOK.  (Can I get a witness?!)  I want to take all this great inspiration and apply it to my scrapbooks and card-making!  In defense, my love for cardmaking has been revived thanks to all the talent on the blogs I follow!  My Christmas cards were great and I've learned to make great, simple cards using my Cricut and stamps!

Below is my layout for this month.  I started this layout back in Thanksgiving of last year.  I hate to admit that the pictures are from 2007! Yikes!  A lot has happened in our family in the last couple of years ad hence the backlog.  Hopefully with this challenge I will get back on track and soon up to date. Wish me luck!

Let me first apologize for the glare on this shot.  I'm not a professional photographer and I still need to learn how to take better pictures of my creations.

 On this two page layout I used the following:
Creative Memories Winter Reflections paper pack
Cricut Cartridge Celebrations for the banner pennants
Cricut Christmas Solutions cartridge for the "Christmas" title and the ornament
Creative Memories White mini letter stickers on the banner
Imaginisce i-Rock and gems.
Creative Memories sticker tag
DMC White embroidery floss
 Stickles
Silver star eyelet on the tag


Below are a few close up shots.

If it were not for my blog friends, I would not have thought of the banner, i-Rock, and using the embroidery floss (I couldn't find baker's twine so I used the floss instead. Worked out great!) Thanks bloggers!!!  I think my layout turned out great! It's ready to go in the album, pictures and all! Let me know what you think! I love hearing from others!

TTFN, Scrappymama Elaine

4 comments:

  1. Love your layout. You did great. Thanks for playing along with the challenge. Can't wait to see what you do in Feb. Hugs and happy crafting. Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! I am trying to do the same thing. I have chosen to do 2010 pictures and try to catch up my 2008-2009 after I'm finished scrapping that month's pictures. We'll see how it goes.

    Kerri
    www.caresofkerri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this layout! I too have been distracted by blogging, and blog giveaways and have let my scrap booking fall by the way side. This year I vow to get back on track!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 2 page layout great job! Love those colors

    ReplyDelete